Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall is Here!



I used to dread the Fall. It symbolized to me the end of Summer. I didn't like dusk, it meant the end of the day. I even hated when they played the theme song at the end of the Carol Burnett show. I would cry all the way home when I would leave my Grandparent's house. I guess it is pretty obvious that as a child, I did not like endings. I still do not like goodbyes. I will go to extremes to get out of saying goodbye. I guess it boils down to the fact that perhaps I don't like change.


Now I try to embrace change by looking for the positive in it. For instance, in the Fall, I love the beauty of the changing leaves and I love the cooler weather. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and Fall is the gateway to those holidays. And I guess with age has come the knowledge that Spring will come and all will be right with the world again. Just like the second coming of Jesus. How hard it must have been for his disciples to say goodbye to him. How beautiful His message that He will return and all will be right. I am thankful for the earth and how all things testify to me that Heavenly Fathers kingdom is a kingdom of order and that just as the morning light replaces the darkness, our Savior's light will one day shine brightly again on the earth and the earth will be made whole and darkness will be taken from it. I am thankful for this knowledge and the joy and peace it brings me.

No comments: