Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Your prescription today, 20 good belly laughs!


When we were under the age of 5 we laughed 400 to 500 times a day! As adults we only laugh 11-15 times a day. A healthy, good belly laugh is incredibly good for you spiritually, mentally and physically? A 20 second belly laugh is the same as 3 minutes of rowing. I don't know about you, but I'd rather laugh!

God wants us to be joyful. Men are that they might have joy. So why aren't we joyful? Could we be carrying thoughts, hardships and grudges around with us. If our load is heavy, how could we be happy? Jesus has already carried those for us, why do we think our carrying them will bring a higher resolution? What a falsehood. Let them go!

Take time today to stop doing the essentials and remember the vitals. To pause, breathe, and know that as we let go of this driven, must-do feeling, we allow a higher power to take over the details and help make it happen. Seeing small miracles in our lives not only rightly humbles us, but gives us a beautifully deep gratitude that makes everything in life suddenly A-OK! Just for a moment, slip off your shoes, close your eyes and soak in the sun, your life and the love around you. Take in a deep breath and feel the goodness of God and realize that, signs of his love for you, surround you constantly.

Put a smile on your kisser and someone may put a kiss on your smiler!

S.M.I.L.E = Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal

1 comment:

DS said...

Thank you for this. I've been thinking about it all day since. Last night I dreamed we had a HUGE party in our back yard. My husband was sweating like a pig working hard to get things organized. I saw a rather large man (probably the one at the temple last night). So I told him to throw my husband into the swimming pool. He actually picked him up and tossed him in like a toy. Then he jumped in too and they began playing like kids - laughing. I thought, I haven't heard my husband laugh like that in a long time.
Thank you again,
Love ya lots!!
DS