Thursday, October 2, 2008

Moments that count


I have been watching today to see how much I laugh after yesterday's blog. I wasn't doing too well until a friend called and asked if I would like to go to lunch. We got to laughing about something silly and I thought, it really does feel so good to laugh. Shortly after I returned home, my sister called me. We talked of our children, each other and life. We laughed and laughed. I am so grateful for friends and family. Without them I may not ever have reason to laugh. I love to be around my oldest daughter. She can get us rolling on the floor laughing at ourselves. No one can tell a story as well or as comical as her. What a blessing she is in my life. All my children have wonderful senses of humor, (is "senses" of humor really how you say that? Oh well I'll laugh about it later if it's wrong!) ;)

Helping others find laughter and joy is such a beautiful talent. I have always wanted to have that gift. I still lack it, but thankfully I can surround myself with people who have this gift and are willing to share it freely. I do have the gift of laughing and I am happy to share any time!

Maybe we don't always have to bake a cake to take to someone, but just take time to call a friend and invite them to lunch or just give your sister a call. These are the moments that count!

No comments: